Also known in my house as “Mexican pile” but lasagna sounds a lot more appetizing.
Seriously, anyone can make this. There’s barely a recipe, just throw shit in a pan and pretend it was complicated when friends ask you about it.
1.Heat oven to 350
2.Get a glass or ceramic pan that’s about 9 x11. Whatever you have is fine. If you want easier cleanup (duh) line with with foil.
3.Your ingredients are
- large pack of corn tortilla
- brick of jack or cheddar or colbey / jack– cheese of some kind– shredded
- can of black beans with goo rinsed off
- can of corn drained
- can of chilies (green chilies, hatch chilies etc)
- salsa (I like medium chunky) maybe a cup? two cups?
- taco seasoning, however much you feel like using, maybe one packet
- cilantro bunch
- red enchilada sauce
- jar of jalapenos
4. Mix the corn, beans, chilies, salsa and taco seasoning in a bowl. Add salsa so it’s wet but not soup.
5. Pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce in pan. Put down a layer of tortillas in bottom of the pan, you can break them into halves for the edges. Sprinkle a handful of cheese. Put on a layer of the bean mess. Cheese. Tortilla. Repeat this until you have a few layers.
6. The top layer should be tortilla. Put the remaining cheese on top. Add a smattering of jalapenos, the more the spicier, then pour the enchilada sauce on top.
7. It should be like a giant heavy food-brick. Put in over and cook until cheese is brown and melty.
8. Serve with fresh cilantro on top.
You can play with the ingredients if you feel fancy. Add cooked ground beef, shredded rotisserie chicken, bell peppers, whatever. It freezes well too.